Tooth Whitening Fitchburg MA
One of the mainstays of modern Cosmetic Dentistry, tooth whitening is an easy and affordable practice that can make any smile look whiter, brighter, and more beautiful.
Tooth whitening can be done at home or in the dentist's office, using a variety of different chemicals and techniques. Even if you're interested in pursuing an over-the-counter whitening product, it's a good idea to consult with a professional who can identify the cause of the stains on your teeth and suggest the best whitening product for your needs.
Why Tooth Whitening?
Tooth Whitening is one of the most basic steps in cosmetic dentistry. Although everyone is born with a clean, white smile, teeth can become discolored over time through contact with foods or liquids, trauma, exposure to chemicals, or simply age. For millions of people, dental teeth whitening provide an easy and effective solution.
There are two main types of stains that can be removed with teeth whitening:
- Extrinsic stains are those on the surface of the tooth, which affect only the tooth enamel. These are due to the pigmented chemicals in things like wine, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and tobacco.
- Intrinsic stains are those that occur deeper in the tooth. These can be due to age, wear, or trauma, or excessive exposure to certain minerals or fluoride. Although it’s more difficult to remove these stains, it can be achieved with the right type of cosmetic dentistry.
How Tooth Whitening Works
Teeth whitening is done by cleaning the teeth and removing dirt and debris that are embedded in their surfaces. Tooth bleaching is different from tooth whitening—while whitening removes dirt from the teeth to restore their natural color, bleaching includes the use of chemical formulas that include bleach (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) and that whiten the teeth beyond their natural brightness. Tooth bleaching is often used to deal with intrinsic stains, which may not respond to normal tooth whitening.
Our Tooth Whitening Services
At our offices, we offer a range of services to help you achieve a bright, brilliant smile. Dr. Krothapalli will consult with you to choose the treatment that best meets your needs:
- Zoom! Free Whitening: Patients have reported significant improvements with this treatment, which makes teeth eight shades whiter on average. Zoom! is an in office 1 hour treatment.
Tooth Whitening Benefits
- Fast-acting: Whether you choose to have us perform the tooth whitening in our office or you prefer to use a treatment at home, you'll begin to see a remarkable difference in the color of your teeth within a matter of days.
- Effective: Tooth whitening really works, proven to be the most effective way to dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Confidence-boosting: There's nothing like a fresh, bright smile to increase your self-esteem. That newfound confidence will be evident in all of your activities, improving your social interactions with others and even your career opportunities.
Home or Professional Teeth Whitening?
It's possible to whiten teeth at home, or you can opt to have the procedure done by Dr. Krothapalli or one of the hygienists in our office. Although you can purchase over-the-counter whitening products at drugstores, it’s best to consult with a dentist for a custom recommendation.
For more information about tooth whitening and bleaching, or to book a consultation with Dr. Krothapalli Call us Today at 978-343-3437. Our practice welcomes patients from
Fitchburg, Lunenberg, Leominster, Ashby,Westminster all surrounding communities.